Guitar virtuoso Bill Farrish earns his living as a performing musician touring throughout the United States and Canada in various groups ranging in size from solo to big band. Bill has performed with Shunzu Ohno, John Stowell, Dennis Wilson, Bernard Purdie, Tiny Grimes, Charles Eubanks, David Garibaldi, Arthur Prysock, Ray Alexander, Jimmy Halperin and many others. His work also includes Off-Broadway productions of: Man of LaMancha, Lil’ Shop of Horrors, Hair, and Tapestry. Television credits include: Bea Moss Productions and “The Carl Bruno Show“ (TCI Cable), featured artist in the independently released production “An Evening with Bill Farrish” by Raven Productions, QPTV. and is the composer of the theme and incidental music for The Park, Eun Kyung Show, Radio Seoul, Flushing NY and many jingles. Having released six CD’s for MCR Records under his own name, Bill’s music has been featured on several radio broadcasts in Europe, the Far East, and South America. In 2014 All About Jazz featured an article by Dom Minassi including Bill entitled “Practice, Do You? Part 3-3”. Bill has also published two books, entitled Jazz Guitar Volume I and Basic Musicianship. In addition to maintaining an active performing schedule, Bill is also teaches in the music departments of SUNY Oneonta and Five Towns College. Performance at schools and colleges can also include clinic/masterclass or lessons.
Please include your name and contact information in the message body.
As a sideman Farrish has performed in both concert and club settings with:
Wes Belcamp, Robin Radus, Paula Berardinelli, Neil Waltzer, Bernard Purdie, David Garibaldi, David Gomez, Tito Puente Jr., Mike Portnoy, Jimmy Halperin, Steve Kenyon, Vince Scuderi, Dennis Bram, Kiku Collins, Cecil Bridgewater, Mike Fijal, Greg Bobulinski, George Berardinelli, Eric Goletz, Dennis Wilson, Kim Novack, Arthur Prysock, Dave Ambrosio, Terry Newman, John Ray, Bobby Brennen, Tony Romano, Joe Carbone, Peter Rogine and many others.
Mikell’s, The Angry Squire, The Trocadero, Cleopatra’s Needle, The Village Lantern, Cookin’ with Jazz, The Colden Center, Tavern on the Green, Pocket’s Billards, Carol’s Place, Chez Antoine, Ray’s Rhythm Room, Oceanside Alive Festival, Dix Hills Performing Arts Center, Sonny’s Place, Crescent City Cafe, The Carltun on the Park, The Concord Hotel, The General Clinton Pub, The B-Side Ballroom, My Father’s Place, SUNY Oneonta New Music Fest, The Touhey Gallery, The Otesaga Hotel and Resort, and many more…………
Dialogue and Sketches of a Summer Day have been on radio in over 40 countries including the Ukrane, New Zealand, Japan, South Korea and Brazil. The Park, Eun Kyung Show – Radio Seoul, Flushing NY (Theme and incidental music)
In the pit: (off-broadway)
- The Man of LaMancha
- Lil’ Shop of Horrors
- Jesus Christ Superstar
- Dialogue – Bill Farrish / Robin Radus- FMC-NY/MCR Records (released 1999, re-released 2002)
- Space Jam – Mike Fijal Independent Release Canada 2000
- Oz – Bill Farrish -FMC-NY 2000
- Sketches of a Summer Day – Bill Farrish -FMC-NY/MCR Records 2001
- The Bill Farrish Collection, Bill Farrish -FMC-NY/MCR Records 2001
- Close to the Edge- Bill Farrish -FMC-NY/MCR Records 2001
- Indie Journal Compilations Vol. 1, Indie Journal, MCR Records 2001
- A Rock Odyssey, Remo, MCR Records 2001
- Made to Order, Remo, MCR Records 2002
- Psychedelic Orange – Strangecloud -MCR Records 2000
- House Guitarist for MCR Records, Minneapolis, Mn. 1999-2003
- BM Jazz Performance , Five Towns College, NY
- MM Jazz Studies, SUNY Purchase, NY