ADJUNCT LECTURER IN MUSIC, SUNY ONEONTA, NEW YORK — 2008-PRESENT
Head of the Jazz Guitar Program. Other duties include Private Study in Jazz Guitar and
Basic Musicianship. Other courses taught Aural Skills and Jazz Combo. Active in building
the colleges jazz program, (assisting with Jazz Combos and Big Band). Served on the Music Departments Performance Committee .
Hired- 2009, Adjunct Lecturer Jazz Guitar
2012, Jazz Guitar Instructor, Aural Skills, Served on Music Dept. Performance Committee
2013, Jazz Guitar Instructor, Modern Jazz Combo
2014 – Present, Jazz Guitar and Basic Musicianship
ASSOCIATE IN MUSIC, FIVE TOWNS COLLEGE, DIX HILLS, NEW YORK — 1998-2003: 2018 – Present
Full time music faculty in jazz/commercial music program. Responsibilities included 13-16
private guitar students per semester and Head of the Ear Training Dept. Other courses taught advanced Jazz Harmony, Jazz Combos, Guitar Ensembles, Improvisation and Academic Advisement for students in the music program.
Hired 1991, Adjunct Jazz Guitar and Assistant Head of Private Instruction.
1992, Duties expanded to include Basic Ear Training courses.
1993, Additional duties to include 3rd Semester Jazz/Commercial Harmony courses.
1994, Promoted to full-time Associate in Music. Duties included Jazz Guitar, Head of Ear Training Department, Academic Advisement.
1995, Re-vamped college Ear Training program to better serve the students and created practice recordings for the program which greatly improved student success rates and achievement.
1997-2003, Duties included Co-Head of Guitar Program, Head of Ear Training Department, Academic Advisement. Also taught Advanced Jazz/Commercial Harmony Courses.
1998 – 2003 , additional teaching assignments included Improvisation, Jazz Combos, Large Guitar Ensembles. Also, created extra help program for beginning guitar student.
2018- Ear Training III, Harmony III, Private Instruction (Guitar).
- Private Studies in improvisation and composition – John Abercrombie, JoAnne Brackeen, Mark Elf, Joe Monk, Peter Rogine, Doug Munro.
- MM in Jazz Studies – Conservatory of Music, SUNY at Purchase
- BM Jazz/Commercial Music – Five Towns College
- AAS Jazz/Commercial Music – Five Towns College
- Tiny Grimes Memorial Scholarship for Jazz Guitar. Five Towns College
- Award for Excellence (Jazz Guitar) Five Towns College
- Jazz Guitar Volume I, Farrish Music Co. – 2017
- Basic Musicianship Text and Workbook, Farrish Music Co. – 2017
Jazz Education Network
Composition, small and big band arranging, electronic music, improvisation, basic – advanced harmony, jazz combos, guitar ensembles, ear training. Academic advisement. Extensive experience with both Finale and Sibelius
Shunzo Ohno, Bernard Purdie, David Garibaldi, John Stowell, David Gomez, Tito Puente Jr., Charles Eubanks, Sadiq Abdu Shahid, Mike Portnoy, Jimmy Halperin, Steve Kenyon, Kiku Collins, Cecil Bridgewater, Dennis Wilson, Rob Garcia, Jeff Palmer, Kim Novack, Arthur Prysock, Ray Alexander, Dave Ambrosio, Greg Bobulinski, George Berardinelli, Eric Goletz, Terry Newman, John Ray, Bobby Brennen, Tony Romano, Joe Carbone, Peter Rogine, Wes Belcamp, Robin Radus, Paula Berardinelli, Neil Waltzer, and others.
- Dialogue and Sketches of a Summer Day have been on radio in over 40 countries including the Ukrane, New Zealand, Japan, South Korea and Brazil.
- “The Park, Eun Kyung Show”– Radio Seoul, Flushing NY (Theme and incidental music)
- “We Are One” ( Theme Music) – Be a Moss Productions, Special Guest – The art Bruno Show, TCI-Cable, Brookhaven, NY.
- “An Evening with Bill Farrish”-Raven Productions, Queens Public TV, NY.
The Man of LaMancha ,Lil’ Shop of Horrors, Hair, Jesus Christ Superstar, Godspell, Tapestry. (Plaza Theatrical Productions)
Dialogue – Bill Farrish / Robin Radus- FMC-NY/MCR Records (released 1999, re-released 2002)
Space Jam – Mike Fijal Independent Release Canada 2000
Oz – Bill Farrish -FMC-NY 2000
Sketches of a Summer Day – Bill Farrish -FMC-NY/MCR Records 2001
The Bill Farrish Collection – Bill Farrish -FMC-NY/MCR Records 2001
Close to the Edge- Bill Farrish -FMC-NY/MCR Records 2001
Indie Journal Compilations Vol. 1 Guest Artist Indie Journal – MCR Records 2001
A Rock Odyssey – Remo – MCR Records 2001
Made to Order Guitarist – Remo – MCR Records 2002
Psychedelic Orange – Strangecloud -MCR Records 200
House Guitarist for MCR Records, Minneapolis, Mn. 1999-2003
- “Practice Do You?” Part 3-3, an article by Dom Minasi, (featuring myself, John Abercrombie, John Scofield, David Liebman, Hal Galper and others) All About Jazz 07/15/2014
- “Bill is one of the most musically creative guitarists I’ve ever heard…..the ideas flow from
him effortlessly.” —Carl Bruno/host of the Carl Bruno Show,TCI Cable, Brookhaven, New York
- “If you want to hear some excellent and intensely reflective playing in a small- combo format, check out this and the rest of the songs on “Dialogue” –Jazz Fusion Central ( Dialogue)
- ”Improv tracks, original and barely produced. It’s Zen recording time, kids and this talented duo pulls it off. ….Farrish and Radus are able to fly on their axes and the musical axis and the result is pleasing, moody, smooth and great with a cup of ultra-strong java”. –Frank Cotolo, – Pure Reviews (Dialogue)
- “It is some of the best that is out there. Get out of overdrive…. …listenin’ to Bill…you will hear guitar playing with “the feel” only one in 6 billion has….and you’ll like it.” –Neal Bond –CentralAudio.com (Sketches of a Summer Day)